Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

My Endorsement in the Mets GM Primaries



Though Howard Megdal is certainly a strong and admirable candidate for the position of New York Mets general manager, I feel that my blog's endorsement must go to a candidate who we have the utmost faith in. In my opinion, the candidate that best satisfies that need is Alex Cora's vest.

Alex Cora's 80-game vest has been a part of Mets lore since the winter of 2009, when it was included in Cora's contract extension. It's been with us through the hard times (that disastrous series in Philly in early May, Maine's 5 pitch start in Washington) and through the good times (the 8 game winning streak, Jon Niese's 1-hitter). Its presence is felt anytime Alex comes into a game.

So, when you go into the voting booth, write in "Alex Cora's vest". It's the right thing to do. My apologies to Mr. Megdal.

No comments:

Post a Comment