Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bored

No, this isn't an "I'm bored, so I'm gonna write about something dumb" situation. It's more of a "my greatest interest is now much less interesting" situation.

In the past couple of weeks, Mets games have gotten more and more boring for me. This is coming from a person who watched 150+ games in 2009, and who has still watched almost every game this year.

The Mets are an addiction I'll never be able to shake. I've come to terms with this. I will always watch, because watching a dull Mets game is better than watching no Mets game. I know come January I'll be longing for Mets baseball again, regardless of how much the team sucks. Now though, I'm just stuck. I don't have another real hobby (besides agonizing over politics, and playing Baseball Mogul, but do those even count?.

I'm not one of the Mets fans that watches football/basketball/hockey/whatever to supplement the Amazins. It's just the Mets for me. They're all I've got. And now this "all I've got" is becoming dreadfully boring at points.

No comments:

Post a Comment