Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

A change is gonna come...

I can feel the change in the air, folks. Omar and Jerry are out. Terry, Sandy, JP, and Paul are in.

I have a reason to be proud in my fandom once again. I have a reason to be seeing a light at the end of this dark, dark tunnel for once. I have a reason to believe our Amazins shall reach the mountaintop, that we shall stand above all others- that we shall be exalted in baseball circles someday in the not too distant future!

I have a reason to come to the ballpark and watch the Mets games on SNY (not that I've shown in the past that I need a reason to do these things). I know now that the Mets brass aren't dicking around. Running a big-market pro sports team is serious business, and serious business must be done by serious people, Sandy and Co. being nothing but.

No more nonsense! I know this for a fact! Rationality and reason have prevailed, the circus has closed up shop, there is a tangible validity to this organization now, and frankly, it couldn't have come sooner.

1 comment: